Public LibraryAdministration Office, South
The Youth Services Coordinator develops, implements, coordinates and supports the delivery of services to children and teens throughout the Library system; supports and guides youth services staff at all branches to provide high quality programs and services to youth and families; oversees the planning and facilitation of regularly scheduled youth services staff meetings and training events; develops and nurtures strong community partnerships with schools and youth-based community organizations throughout .
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports, encourages, and empowers youth services team members throughout the organization by actively seeking program presenters and exhibitions, providing resources and ideas for annual program observances, and by visiting and working in branches as needed. Supports the work of youth services staff in library branches
- Organizes and conducts regularly scheduled meetings of youth services staff and conducts training in support of youth programs and outreach
- Utilizes team-building skills to encourage sharing of ideas and resources between branches
- Develops partnerships within the community to develop and support collaborative initiatives and provide library programs and services
- Develops and implements strategic plans for annual program initiatives conducted in libraries and embedded in the community, and evaluates and measures success of these programs
- Uses statistics and anecdotal information to inform best program practices, and to help "tell the story" of the successful impact that HCPL has on the community
- Initiates, plans, and conducts a variety of programs, outreach, and activities to support the use of the library by youth, but also supports cross-generational and family oriented services
- Promotes programs by developing and producing marketing strategies, publicity releases, flyers, calendars and other collateral
- Utilizes social media to promote and support library services
- Researches, writes, acquires and implements grants to support library programming
- Represents the Library at state and national professional conferences, attends staff meetings and actively serves on relevant committees
- Keeps abreast of trends, innovations and developments in public libraries
- Obtains a minimum of twenty (20) training hours per calendar year
- Performs other duties as assigned
is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Master's Degree in Library Science from an American Library Association (ALA)-accredited school and
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working with youth in a leadership role in a public library setting
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university and
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience working with youth in a leadership role in a public library setting
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of current library trends and technologies to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of innovative programs and services
- A valid Texas driver's license and willingness to travel to various branches on a regular basis
- Physical ability to perform all of the above duties and responsibilities
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation but ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration. "See Resume" will not be accepted for qualifications.
- 5749 South Loop EastHouston, TX
- Full time
- 40 hours per week
- Paid Biweekly
- Based on 26 Pay Periods
Employment is contingent upon passing a background check.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date or at the discretion of the Hiring Department.
We are seeking a FRONT DESK Cross-trained Medical Assistant to become a part of our team! Salary will vary according to experience and knowledge in the field*....
0-2 years’ experience in public relations, communications, marketing, sales OR internship in related field an asset....
All openings are ENTRY LEVEL and Full-Time. With a fast growing client list, we are in the midst of a major expansion....
Front Desk Concierge Position*. This position will provide our “Gold Standard” experience to our clients by greeting them, booking appointments, assisting...
Driver's License (Required). We are seeking an energetic, dependable, and service-oriented individual to join our team as a full-time receptionist with an...