The Children's Museum of Indianapolis Vacancies 2020 - The Children's Museum of Indianapolis provides a chance to fill Traveling Exhibits Logistics Coordinator Jobs that will be placed in Indianapolis, IN 46208. You will receive the far better potential customer along with less dangerous live sometime soon. Signing up for this corporation can make people capable to reach the own purpose less complicated and also make your current aspiration come true.
If you are that you will be one that might fill up the actual specs, you can attempt to learn further information about Traveling Exhibits Logistics Coordinator Jobs below.
The Traveling Exhibits Logistics Coordinator oversees the high level coordination of the traveling exhibits program. This includes arranging for and being on site as needed to leads installation and dismantle teams, maintenance coordination, and research assistance for The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, Inc. Traveling Exhibits program. The coordinator is responsible for personally delivering and ensuring consistent customer service and world-class exhibit installation to rental venue clients. She/he coordinates and monitors the communication and execution of the logistics for the full cycle of exhibit installations. The incumbent also assists in the planning, coordination and implementation of new and refurbished traveling exhibit elements, as assigned in conjunction with the Production staff
REPORTS TO: Traveling Exhibits Program Manager
1. Serves as a museum point person with venues for Traveling Exhibits installations. Works with museum colleagues to oversee and coordinate truck schedules, floorplan development, and installation and dismantle logistics. Leads a portion of the annual installations and/or takedowns at rental venues and oversees the plan for staff to install/takedown exhibits as well
2. Provides excellent customer service to rental venues to ensure that the exhibitions are well maintained and functioning. Works with venue clients to troubleshoot and ensure timely repair of broken or damaged exhibit interactives and elements. This includes: ordering, taking inventory, and stocking exhibit props and supplies, as well as developing, monitoring and adhering to routine maintenance procedures.
3. Works closely with Production staff to ensure that exhibit elements are fabricated, remodeled, repaired, installed, de-installed and ensures proper maintenance of exhibit and decorative elements. Ensures that proper methods and techniques appropriate to each project in style, durability, quality, and safety while meeting established museum standards of excellence.
4. Proactively seeks ways to enhance exhibit elements to improve visitor experience. This may include researching interactive ideas, new technology and fabrication methods, as well as using tools to fabricate prototypes and refurbish existing interactives.
5. Serves as a museum point of contact for staff and contracted exhibit technicians retained by the museum to install and disassemble museum traveling exhibits.
6. Documents, maintains and trains others on exhibition installation procedures and develops installation and crating manuals.
7. Assists Traveling Exhibits Program Manager in generating and monitoring exhibits maintenance and supply budgets to guarantee expenses do not exceed budget. Also assists with developing exhibit maintenance and fabrication timelines.
8. Participates in coordinating the installation of traveling exhibits at the museum, gathering research and brainstorming future exhibit elements, reviewing construction drawings, and providing insight on fabrication materials. Maintains status reports on projects and associated budgets.
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred in logistics, production, museum studies, tourism, or a related field.
2. Five (5) years logistics, exhibit production, fabrication, technology services, stagehand, or operations experience; preferably in a museum or large scale venue.
3. One (1) year of proven experience with CAD or Sketchup.
4. Must be able to travel regularly for seven to ten days at a time several times each year.
5. Experience in a professional three dimensional production field similar or related to museum production work (i.e.-theme parks, theaters, themed retail spaces, etc.)
6. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; demonstrated ability to build collegial relationships, negotiate professionally with colleagues, and work effectively with teams.
7. A strong writer and communicator with demonstrated ability in each area.
8. The ability to coordinate multiple priorities requiring excellent organizational skills.
9. Sound knowledge of business terminology, process and etiquette.
10. Ability to work in a self-directed manner with a minimum of explicit structure and guidelines, but with very high levels of accountability and reliability. The ability to work independently yet understand how and when to seek information and direction.
11. Professional maturity and the experience to recognize and respond appropriately to confidential information.
12. Proven experience with adeptly moving project(s) from conception to completion, on-time and on-budget.
13. The demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a diverse work environment. Must be able to impart diplomacy and professionalism in all situations.
14. Demonstrated knowledge of Windows applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Excellent command of Internet and e-mail systems.
1. Must be able to read floor plans, review exhibit conceptual documents, and view exhibit design plans.
2. Must be able to verbally communication; team and group dialogue is required for communication of plans and concepts. Must be able to effectively communicate during complex installation situations involving coordinated group work.
3. Must have dexterity to utilize a keyboard to draft and review documents and manipulate exhibit elements. Agility and dexterity required for onsite inspections of fabrication and installation of complex elements.
4. Must be able to navigate conventional local, regional, national and international ground and air travel. Requires ability to kneel, sit, or stand for long periods of time while traversing, installing, and viewing exhibitions and sites.
5. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. and tolerate dust in the environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
If You are fascinated to apply Traveling Exhibits Logistics Coordinator Jobs Indianapolis, IN 46208 June 2020 The Children's Museum of Indianapolis, please prepare requirements/files and documents needed to fill Traveling Exhibits Logistics Coordinator Jobs Indianapolis, IN 46208 June 2020 The Children's Museum of Indianapolis above immediately. To apply by online, please click the "Apply" button below. If you still do not satisfy with our job recruitment information above, you can try to read other job recruitment information that we provide in our website which still located in Indianapolis, IN 46208. Please note that the recruitment is free of charge.
Fingerprint check, state and county checks). Applicants must successfully complete the Virtual Entry Assessment – MP (476). This job has an exam requirement.
Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license, a safe driving record, and at least two years of. Applicants must have a valid state driver's license, and…
Cleans packaging rooms and machinery in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing Principles. How will you get here?
Learns and maintains thorough familiarity and compliance with all state and federal regulations, FDA-approved Standard Operating Procedure Manual, Occupational…