Title: Project Manager
Position Overview: Plans, organizes, and directs, and controls project activities required for effective management of electronic security installation projects. Supervises installation and sub-contractors. Estimates and prices job charges. Works with financial, contract management and other management reports and tools to define project problems to assure project profitability. Is responsible for training and developing employees. Is responsible for the quality of installation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Please note the essential functions may vary depending on department size, organizational structure and/or geographic location.
·Plans and schedules engineering, installation, and sub-contracting activities on large and/or complex systems, or service installed jobs.
· Maintains current job plans and specifications.
· Works with engineering department on design and drafting phases of jobs.
· Coordinates the procurement of materials, supplies and services and controls timely delivery to job site.
· Prepares the project installation plan, manages the plan and prepares and implements job procedures.
· Determines, from review of various information, necessary changes in design, contract price, installation plan or other activity and implements same.
· Maintains construction schedule and coordinates task scheduling with other trades.
· Selects and monitors the performance of sub-contractors.
· Keeps self, superiors and subordinates informed of progress.
· Maintains all records of job status, job changes, material flow and other control records and supervises the preparation and processing of reports for internal and external use.
· May estimate or assist in estimating projects which the company is bidding.
· Implements quality assurance program to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
· Present a professional image of company when speaking to customers
· Develops a relationship with the decision maker of our customer.
· Routinely walks job site to ensure quality installation of company products.
· Responsible for customer satisfaction on projects.
· Monitors job status and controls job costs.
· Provides information to determine labor and material requirements on a monthly basis.
· Assists management in monthly forecasting.
· Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing financial statements.
· Supervises the preparation of base data required for monthly job billing.
· Monitors financial and other reports and works with other management tools to define project problems.
· Ensures time cards are accurately filled out, complete with job numbers, phase codes, times add up, hours are correct, time card is signed and turned in every Monday to the operations AA.
· Devises a plan of action to remedy the problem and implements plan; all to assure project profitability.
Training and Development:
· Studies literature and attends seminars to stay current with regards to products, processes and materials.
· Works with installers on security concepts, ISN and installation procedures and product training for their advancement.
· Responsible for completing As-Builds.
· Responsible for completing all paperwork, PO’s are completed, notice of completions. (NOC) is sent, and jobs are turned over to service.
· Job close out report is completed.
Supervisory Duties: In accordance with applicable company policies/procedures and Federal/State laws, may perform the following supervisory responsibilities: Interviewing, hiring, orienting and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising employment; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Minimum Qualifications: The following are the minimum qualifications an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Please note that the minimum qualifications may vary based upon the minimum qualifications may vary placed upon the department size and/or geographic region.
· High School education or equivalent
· Associates degree (2 year) or Bachelor degree (4 year) in a technical capacity is desirable.
· Skills and abilities:
· Five years of experience in the engineering and installation of Electronic and Security Systems, or related field. Has a strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, relay logic, PLC’s and operations. Good subcontracting skills required. An understanding of job financial reports, and the ability to control costs in the handling of large projects.
Physical Demands: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
· Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers; manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects, and operating office equipment.
Work Environment: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The office is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated. Noise levels are considered low to moderate.
· Site work job conditions are similar to typical construction projects.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year