City of Fort Lauderdale, FL Vacancies 2019 - City of Fort Lauderdale, FL provides a chance to fill FLOODPLAIN DEVELOPMENT REVIEW SPECIALIST (S252) Jobs that will be placed in Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311. You will definitely get the much better prospect in addition to less dangerous live sometime soon. Signing up for this enterprise can make people competent to attain your objective simpler in supplementary to help your current dream be realized.
If you are that you will be one which may fill up the standards, you can look at you just read further information about FLOODPLAIN DEVELOPMENT REVIEW SPECIALIST (S252) Jobs below.
City of Fort Lauderdale, FL Job Vacancies 2019
FLOODPLAIN DEVELOPMENT REVIEW SPECIALIST (S252) Jobs Job Opening in Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
The City of Fort Lauderdale is seeking dynamic and goal-driven employees. Employees that are motivated to take on today's greatest challenges and rewards in the field of local public service. Employees who are passionate about making a difference and achieving our mission: We Build Community, in a fast-paced organization that operates by vision, strategy, and action. Would you fit in? Apply now.
The Building Services Division at the Department of Sustainable Development seeks a Certified Floodplain Management (CFM) candidate who has specialized knowledge of the Community Rating System (CRS). The ideal candidate is someone who can not only review and analyze plans to determine compliance with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), City of Fort Lauderdale Building and Zoning Ordinances, the Florida Building Code, and related technical codes, but someone who can take the lead role in coordinating the City's Community Rating System (CRS) activities with FEMA and the Insurance Services Office. They will ensure that the City meets required responsibilities in order to maintain and improve the City's classification and flood insurance discount in the program. The CRS Specialist will report to the Floodplain Manager, and is expected to make independent decisions and judgments on Floodplain Management and CRS issues. They will also perform plan review as a Floodplain Development Review Specialist and apply for and coordinate grant activity.
The City offers a wide variety of benefits to their employees. In addition to the competitive benefits package and salary, the City offers 401(a) participation with a 9% City contribution and no employee match!!
Say "Hello" to the City of Fort Lauderdale and Say "Goodbye" to Your Student Loan!
That's right! Under the U.S. Department of Education's Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, the remaining balance on your student loan may be forgiven after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments while working full-time at the City of Fort Lauderdale! Please visit StudentAid.gov/publicservice for more information or to see if you qualify.
This job classification is included within the bargaining unit represented by Federation of Public Employees and therefore is subject to the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City of Fort Lauderdale and Federation of Public Employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of a function does not preclude management from assigning essential duties not listed herein if such duties relate to the position.
- Reviews and checks plans and specifications for compliance with Federal, State, and local rules and regulations for floodplain management and coastal construction, effective in the City prior to issuance of building permits for proposed building construction, land use, or building development modifications
- Discusses technical requirements of plans with engineers, contractors, builders, or property owners; approves or disapproves; suggests modifications; calls for corrections to plans as necessary; returns plans for corrections and resubmission
- Reviews and evaluates drawings and specifications to determine minimum code compliance with flood resistant design and construction requirements
- Assists with the inspection of buildings in the process of construction, alteration, or repair for compliance with plans submitted with permit applications and with building code requirements related to flood resistant design and construction
- May require the inspection of sites before construction for practicability of plans as well as inspecting construction in process
- May assume responsibility for floodplain management activities in the absence of the Floodplain Manager
- Assists in the investigation of complaints regarding violation of the applicable codes and ordinances and coordinates the prosecution of violators when necessary
- Educates the community on the reasons and requirements of the Floodplain Management Ordinance and FEMA regulations
- May act as the CRS and Grant Coordinator
- May perform community outreach
- Performs related work as required
JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT: MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Associate's Degree and one (1) to three (3) years of experience or High School/GED certificate from a recognized issuing agency with three (3) – (5) years of experience in interpreting and applying guidelines and complex regulations relating to floodplain management and the principles of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Additional qualifying work experience may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
- Certification as a Floodplain Manager (CFM).
Non-Essential Employees will not be required to work during a declared emergency but may be required to work in some capacity after the declared emergency. The employee's Department Head will determine when the employee will be required to work.
NOTE: Required certifications must be kept current to continue employment in this class.
HOW TO APPLY/ VETERAN INFORMATION: Depending on the number of applicants and the quality of their education and experience, the examination may consist of one or more of the following tests: Evaluation of Training and Experience, Oral Interview, Written Examination, or other assessment method. Applicants must attain a minimum score of 70 in each part of the examination in order to qualify. All successful applicants may be required to take a medical examination and/or pass a drug screening prior to appointment.
An eligible veteran who enters an open-competitive examination shall receive preference points added to the total passing score earned in the examination as provided for in the Florida Statutes. To obtain veteran's preference, candidates MUST submit a copy of separation papers and the City of Fort Lauderdale's veteran's preference claim form (J204) at time of application.
NOTE: This posting will remain open until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Established Date: 11/18/2018 Revised Date: N/A
Management Category: 3 Classification Level: Principal
FLSA: Non-Exempt Classification Status: Classified
Job Code: FP009 EEO Code:2Professional
Pay Grade: FP11
If You are interested to submit FLOODPLAIN DEVELOPMENT REVIEW SPECIALIST (S252) Jobs Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311 December 2019 City of Fort Lauderdale, FL, please prepare requirements/files and documents needed to fill FLOODPLAIN DEVELOPMENT REVIEW SPECIALIST (S252) Jobs Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311 December 2019 City of Fort Lauderdale, FL above immediately. To apply by online, please click the "Apply" button below. If you still do not satisfy with our job recruitment information above, you can try to read other job recruitment information that we provide in our website which still located in Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311. Please note that the hiring is free of charge.