POSITION: Cooperative Education Coordinator
POSITION SUMMARY: The Cooperative Education Coordinator is responsible for supporting the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of experiential learning opportunities for TANF eligible individuals as identified by the TANF Youth Development Program. This position will work closely with parties who play a key role in the success of experiential learning programs including the Career Development Center, Office of Admissions/Enrollment, Student Affairs, Academic Affairs, the Community College of Allegheny County and Partners4Work. This position will work exclusively with students who identified as TANF eligible under the TANF YDP Guidelines.
This is a grant funded position and therefore contingent upon continued grant funding.
- Bachelor's degree in business, educational administration, counseling, college student personnel, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in career services, workforce development, higher education, human resources, advising or related field required.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and to manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of career services and experiential learning
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint)
- Ability to understand and interpret policies and regulations and adapt quickly and be flexible to changes
- Knowledge of how to develop surveys, analyze statistical data and prepare statistical reports
- Strong commitment to working with a diverse student population
- Experience working with workforce development programs and/or TANF preferred
- Experience in use of career and recruitment management software: Handshake preferred
- Knowledge of higher education policies and procedures preferred
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the Community College of Allegheny County and Partners4Work to support the recruitment of eligible students as identified by the TANF Youth Development Program Guidelines
- Develop targeted engagement initiatives focused on identifying and providing services to TANF eligible students
- Conduct career preparation appointments/workshops on career readiness and professional development
- Work closely with CCAC to ensure that prospective students have access to career readiness and experiential learning information, outlining the pathway to co-op participation
- Meet with eligible students to assist them in completing requirements for experiential learning participation
- Counsel students on guidelines and verify TANF eligibility through the PA Department of Human Services
- Counsel, advise, and connect eligible students to employment per the recommendations of the Co-op Committee
- Promote a positive work experience for students after job placement, through follow-up activities with students, faculty and employers
- In collaboration with the other departments (Career Development, Enrollment Management, and Marketing) market recruitment services and programs to the campus community during orientation and open houses
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity, security, and appropriate disposition of student cooperative education records
- Monitor and record student, faculty, and employer contact information in Handshake
- Collect reporting data for program assessment purposes
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to [email protected] (preferred) or mail to:
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please referenceCOOPERATIVE EDUCATION COORDINATORin the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Must sign a license agreement and be actively working to obtain the Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Work (LCSW), or Licensed…
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Marriage Family Therapist (LMFT) is required.
Assist patients in education of financial responsibility and connect them to advocacy resources as needed Obtain signature of patient or family member for…
Maintains technical knowledge and contributes to team effort. Compiling evidence and supporting information; [email protected] or by mail to:
High School diploma or equivalent Associates degree in Criminal Justice and/or one-year experience in safety, security, law enforcement, or related field…