Love providing great customer service? Enjoy being on the phone? We have a fantastic career opportunity for you!
Granger is looking to add a customer service representative to our call center team. This position is responsible for providing an exceptional experience to each customer with the goal of selling a service, resolving a problem or providing detailed information to exceed the expectations of the customer. Success in this position will result from effectively using technology, detailed knowledge of Granger services and collection processes and an overall passion for providing exceptional customer care.
We work very hard every day to earn our reputation for quality in the communities we serve. From our humble beginnings to the Granger of today, we’ve maintained our commitment to serving our customers large and small. Our mission statement says it all: Granger is a Christian, family business, guided by the Golden Rule, that creates and manages sustainable environmental solutions.
Top 10 Benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous opt-out stipend to waive health coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax medical and depend care expenses
- Health savings account for high deductible out-of-pocket expenses
- Short- and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plans with a generous company contribution
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee discount programs
- Free trash pick-up in our service area
Get to know us better: Granger
Key Responsibilities for this opportunity include:
- Answer calls in a friendly manner using effective listening skills to thoroughly understand the needs of the caller
- Receive and record payments and sales transactions on the computer system
- Communicate with callers to process orders for residential and commercial trash services
- Enter customer information into computer system
- Investigate complaints of service or billing errors and make adjustments or refer complaint for investigation if additional assistance is needed
- Solicit sales of new and additional services
- Initiate calls to collect on past due accounts and confirm status of service or issued containers
- Communicate with drivers to facilitate servicing customers
- Enter detailed and thorough notes into the caller’s account to document conversation and provide history for future reference by fellow associates
- Assist with additional administrative duties, both within customer service and with other departments as needed
- Maintain a positive and cheerful manner with customers and fellow associates
- Other assigned duties
HOURS: May vary between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m., MondayFriday (or as needed)
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS INCLUDE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Proven experience providing exceptional customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience working in a call center environment strongly preferred
- Reliable (consistent attendance and follow-through on service)
- Service-oriented (strong desire to help and serve others)
- Active listener (ability to focus on the message and ask questions as needed to confirm understanding)
- Effective multi-tasker (able to handle multiple simultaneous projects, priorities and tasks, changing course rapidly)
- Accurate (detail-oriented, thorough, monitoring own work to ensure correctness and quality)
- Self-starter (internally driven for success and shows initiative )
- Highly organized (able to manage a multitude of information)
- Accurate typing skills, database entry and legible handwriting
Must be able to pass physical and drug screen.
We live by the Golden Rule—treating our customers the way we like to be treated—with integrity, courtesy and respect. If you desire a workplace that appreciates their customers, and you like to have fun, join our team!
Possession of a valid Michigan driver's license. This position serves as the Unit Supervisor at Sleepy Hollow State Park. View the entire job specification at:
RESPONSIBILITIES – *Provide administrative support to the Membership Director and serve as Front Desk Receptionist. Direct attendees to meeting locations.
Our clerical support staff are responsible for checking patients in and out for their appointments, they take phone calls and triage messages to the nurses.
Valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation. Develop leads and ensure waiting lists are developed.
This is an entry level student assistant position performing work under close and immediate supervision. Please attach transcripts or other verification of…